Summerlea's Lucy Richards celebrated her 100th birthday 18 March 2006. Still living in her own home and
active in community activities, Lucy is an inspiration to us all. On Friday March 17th she was interviewed by
CTV at the Teapot Senior Activity Centre in Lachine and appeared on CTV news at 6 and 11 PM.|
On Sunday the 19th, Summerlea celebrated her birthday with refreshments in Acadia Hall after the service. Activities included singing of the Happy Birthday song, presentation of messages from the Queen, Quebec Premier Jean Charest, local Minister of the National Assembly Claude Dauphin, the Teapot, and the Summerlea congregation, a gift from the Serendipity group, two cakes and a closing song by the choir and congregation, 'Til We Meet Again.
In her closing comment, Lucy said something to the efffect of "Now on to the next hundred".
Our very best wishes to a wonderful lady.
Following are a few photos of the event. You can pick a small photo to see a larger version, then pick Back on your browser to return to this page.
and other goodies for the celebrants to enjoy.
Lt. Governor Lise Thibeault, Quebec Premier Jean Charest and MLA François Ouimet.
and letters of congratulation, and to greet Lucy.
1. Norma Burleigh and Muriel Hill
2. Don Blackmore, a relative
3. Richard Legault
4. Jack Hill
keep Lucy well so she can stay in her home.
1. Rev. Howard Clark presented the letter from Queen Elizabeth II,
2. Mary Guynan presented the letter from MLA François Ouimet,
3. Ruth Heim presented the letter from Lt. Gov. Lise Thibeault,
4. Undeg Edwards presented the letter from Premier Jean Charest
2. David Pryce presented the card from the congregation
3. Mary Guynan presented her St. Hubert Barbecue gift certificates
to satisfy Lucy's chicken craving.
4. And Lucy stood to thank the crowd.
John Closs, Lynn Closs, Eileen Blackmore.
2. Same plus Rev. Howard Clark.
"May the good Lord bless and keep you
'til we meet again".
thanks to Howard Clark
1. Don Blackmore and Connie Osborne, Summerlea's music director
2. Dale & Frank Romagosa & David Pryce
1. Jane Percy, Kathie Williams, Iris Percy
2. Betty Godin
3. Michèle Bitauld
4. Ray Golden & Rolf Smart
1. John Parmater & Granddad Victor White
2. Sarah McCall, Pearl Sargent & Mary Plant
3. Marjorie Walker & Nancy Bourne
who was a long-time Summerlea Sunday School teacher.
L-R: Robbie Rodd, Jacob Osborne, Erin Overbury, Alayna Roy, Michelle McKenzie,
Shauna Overbury, Justin Roy, John Parmater, Keith McKenzie, Susan McKenzie.
Photos thanks to Linda Rodrigues-Rodd.
from your Summerlea and Lachine friends.