Summerlea's Youth Group held a 24 hour fund-raising rock-a-thon from 10 AM Saturday to 10 AM Sunday,
March 4-5. In the weeks preceding the event the young folk collected sponsorship funds from the
congregation and friends, ending up with a total of $875. The proceeds will be divided equally among St.
Columba House, the Summerlea Organ Fund, and the youth group, in support of its activities.|
Thanks to Kevin McKenzie and Linda and Roy Rodd for helping to arrange and supervise this activity.
Following are a few photos of the event. You can pick a small photo to see a larger version, then pick Back on your browser to return to this page.
The rockers took turns, changing every hour.
(The photographer did not stay all night to record them all.)
1. L-R: Michelle Mckenzie, Jacob Osborne, Amélie Poitras, Justin Roy,
Rockin' Shauna Overbury, Keith McKenzie & Rockin' Robbie Rodd.
2. Keith McKenzie and Rockin' Justin Roy.
3. Rockin' Amélie Poitras.
set up the tables for Sunday morning's Pancake Lunch.
1. Robbie, Justin and Keith
2. Robbie, Justin and Michelle
3. Keith and Robbie, Kevin in the background.
1&2. Cassandra McKenzie, Shauna Overbury, Amélie Poitras,
Robbie Rodd, Keith McKenzie, Justin Roy
3. Kevin McKenzie, Jacob Osborne, Robbie Rodd.
Michelle McKenzie, Amélie Poitras, Keith McKenzie
1. Jacob Osborne, Keith McKenzie, Justin Roy, Caroline Rodd,
Robbie Rodd, Michelle McKenzie rocking Elizabeth Rodd.
2. Amélie having a little eyelid trouble.
3. All glued to the TV, some napping gear still in evidence.
1. Linda Rodrigues Rodd and Kevin McKenzie
2. Roy Rodd enjoying the movie.
the Summerlea Organ Fund and the Youth Group, and some sleepy young folks.
But they're not done yet - now it's off to serve at the Pancake Lunch for the whole congregation.